The blade grind is excellent culminating in a needle sharp tip and as tough as karambits are to sharpen this one came with a hair shaving sharp blade right out of box. The blade steel is Carpenter CTS BD4P. BD4P alloy is a high-performance blade steel offering a fine, uniform carbide structure yielding excellent edge retention and grinding/polishing characteristics.
There's absolutely zero side-to-side blade wiggle yet thanks to the ORB® Pivot System and Tri-Spoke® Pivot Assembly the blade opening/closing is incredibly smooth and easy.
Also included is a nice padded zipper case to stow it in when not in use. Overall the QTR-5 is a magnificent example of the newest and best that the cutlery world is currently offering.
- Blade Length: 2.0" (5 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.1875" (5 mm)
- Handle Thickness: 0.50" (12.7 mm)
- Overall Length: 6.0" (15.24 cm)
- Blade Material: BD4P High Carbon Steel
- Blade Hardness: 60-61
- Blade Style: Hawkbill
- Carry Type: Pocket Clip
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pivot Assembly: ORB Pivot System
- Weight: 5.2 oz.
- Made in USA