A ceramic ball creates the interface between the blade locking surface and the integral locking arm surface. The ball doubles to drop into a detent on the blade to ensure the blade does not open accidentally.
The thumb lug doubles as the stop pin, ensuring a solid lockup. Around the lug is a polyurethane o-ring that acts as a shock absorber to cushion the impact of the lug against the handle. Never wishing to copy other designs without giving credit, Grant and Gavin Hawk originated the shock absorber concept in one of their many innovative designs.
- Blade Material: CPM S35V Stainless Steel
- Blade Hardness: 58-59 RC
- Blade Finish: Stonewash
- Blade Length: 3.675" (93.35 mm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.140" (3.56 mm)
- Handle Length: 4.77" (121.16 mm)
- Handle Material: 6AI4V Titanium
- Handle Thickness: 0.150" (3.81 mm)
- Weight: 5 oz. (141.75 g)
- Fittings: 303 Stainless Steel
- Handmade in the USA