Friday, September 7, 2012

Feedback from a SERE instructor after testing an ESEE-5


Field test of the Esse Knives model #5.  Just got back and I am impressed. The knife is everything that we're looking for. Tough, durable, practical, affordable, and useful. I can't tell you how many fires that I started with the help of the ESEE-5 and it was a great trip to try out a knife. The weather was unseasonably cold, mostly in the teens but sometimes in the negatives. My friend and I were starting a fire for some cold students and he was bashing his (manufacturer's name removed) through some sections of a downed tree it broke right at the handle, like most bolt knives and (manufacturer's name removed) seem to do. I don't know if it was the cold weather, the perfect angle, or something else but it was a brand new (manufacturer's name removed) and it broke right in half. At the same time I was beating the daylights out of the ESEE-5 hoping to bend, break, or at the very least damage the paint job. I failed to do any of these things and my friend became more and more interested in the ESEE model 5 as I found more and more things that I like about it. I'll get some pictures and a few videos this next trip and send them to you ASAP. Thanks again for the great knife! Check them out at OsoGrandeKnives.com.

No comments :

Post a Comment